- March 6, 2020
- Posted by: Melissa Soriano
Our downtown professional service client is seeking an assistant controller offering a very fast promotion to controller. The accounting management team has great tenure and low turnover; this role is being created due to impending succession. The role will require supervision of a team of 7 clerks and administrative staff.
- Must exhibit strong organizational skills and pays meticulous attention to detail.
- Must be able to solve problems strategically and creatively.
- Must be able to juggle conflicting priorities and demands and work well under pressure.
- Must demonstrate initiative, accountability and decisiveness; must clearly communicate relevant finance-related information to the CFO/Controller.
- Able to communicate with a wide range of Firm personnel and third parties.
- Able to communicate difficult/sensitive information diplomatically.
- A CPA and/or MBA is preferred with thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting procedures and principles and relevant federal/state laws.
- A proficiency in professional service accounting financials packages is a plus, as well as MS Office Suite and online payroll systems.
- Compensation is competitive with a comprehensive benefit package.
- The assistant controller will oversee daily operations and supervision of the accounting department staff including assisting with establishment of financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems.
- The assistant controller will develop annual budget and perform budget review.
- This professional will oversees the organization’s various accounts, prepare monthly financial statements and management reports, and create ad hoc cost/benefit analyses for special projects and initiatives.
- Assists in ensuring legal and regulatory compliance with all applicable laws.
- Knowledge of computers and system functions.
- Must exhibit the highest standards of ethics, trustworthiness and professionalism.
- Ability to initiate and implement improvements in all areas of finance.