The Personnel Consulting Group
Provide accounting and administrative assistance to the Controller and handle a variety of accounting and financial reporting functions for the various Family interests. Small, friendly office setting. Everyone pitches in to “do what it takes”. Great benefits, low stress. Free, covered parking on site.Job Responsibilities:
- Prepare various financial reports.
- Assist with tax return preparation and reporting.
- Reconcile bank statements
- Maintain General Ledgers for all entities
- Troubleshoot basic computer and other technology issues.
- Handle requests for disbursements.
- Process vendor invoices and payments.
- Prepare the payroll.
Other duties include but not limited to:
- Answering any incoming phone calls (not many)
- Accepting deliveries from USPS, FedEx, UPS and Amazon.
- Sorting and opening incoming mail.
- Handling of outgoing mail.
- Ordering office supplies.
- Running errands for office.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or business administration from an accredited four year college preferred.
- Five + years of experience in a Bookkeeping or accounting position. Good administrative skills.
- Intermediate Excel, with ability to create fairly complex, multi-page worksheets.
- Quickbooks desktop experience a plus
- Do what it takes attitude
- Personable, friendly, trustworthy.
- Organized, detailed.
- Satisfactory background check is required, as welI as satisfactory work-related references.
- Some travel by automobile to accomplish office errands is required. Therefore, dependable transportation, a valid Louisiana driver's license, and proof of insurance is mandatory.
- Since the position requires contact with high-level executives, the Accountant must have a high degree of professionalism.