- October 11, 2021
- Posted by: Melissa Soriano
The Business Applications Administrator is primarily responsible for the daily administration of the Salesforce platform. With strong Salesforce experience, this individual will promote adoption, provide training, ensure data integrity, manage reporting, and more.
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests, and manage laterally and upwards
- Entrepreneurial motivated self-starter with excellent work ethic and team-first attitude
- Always looking to innovate and improve upon existing processes
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on Salesforce.com and all upstream and downstream applications, systems and processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or related technical field experience required
- At least three years of experience as a Salesforce administrator
- Advanced Administrator certification preferred
- Strong understanding of the SFDC platform, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity
- Experience with Salesforce.com components including but not limited to Salesforce Mobile, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, & Salesforce Inbox; Lightning experience preferred
- Knowledge of basic SQL based system principles and APEX programming language preferred
- Serve as the system administrator for the Salesforce.com (SFDC) environment for day-to-day support and guidance to end users
- Create and manage SFDC page layouts, record types and custom objects, fields, formulas, validation rules, custom workflow, and approval processes.
- Build and manage dashboards, views, reports in Salesforce standard and custom objects
- Perform data integrity and manipulation tasks such as merging duplicate records and establishing proper ownership of existing accounts and contacts
- Work with various Salesforce.com standard objects
- Develop workflows and use Process Builder to automate manual processes.
- Define object- and field-level security. Maintain profile & role hierarchies and sharing
- Create and maintain Salesforce.com documentation for training as well as run regular training on the Salesforce platform including new features and apps for employees and new hires.
- Gain full understanding of the company’s business processes
- Assess the impact of new requirements on Salesforce.com and all upstream and downstream applications, systems, and processes
- Assess and administer other business system applications that may integrate with Business Central and/or Salesforce
- Duties and Responsibilities can change from time to time based on business needs, customer demands or other industry or job-related circumstances