The Personnel Consulting Group
- Assisting with the assembly of Design-Build (DB) teams, which includes review and comment on Teaming Agreements.
- Assisting with the management and writing of company responses to Notices of Intent, Requests for Qualifications, and Requests for Technical and Price Proposals.
- Thoroughly vetting the Owner’s draft or industry review versions of RFPs documents for technical requirements and ambiguities associated therewith.
- Guiding the DB Team’s Design Consultant(s) in developing efficient /innovative preliminary designs.
- Conducting DB Team design meetings.
- Participating in the price estimating process to ensure inclusion of all construction.
- Evaluating pricing provided by the DB Team’s Design Consultant for producing preliminary designs of technical proposals and detailed designs of awarded contracts.
- Upon winning the project, coordinate transitions from proposal to award,
- Reviewing contact documents for consistency with RFP documents.
- Generating the technical content of Professional Service Agreement (PSA) subcontracts to be issued to Design Consultant(s).
- Assisting with negotiating terms of each PSA with Design Consultant(s).
Managing design during both the pursuit and contract phases of design to include:
- Guiding the development of efficient and innovative design.
- With an eye on creativity and innovation, recommend alternative technical concepts that would improve the performance, function, and value of each project.
- Managing Design Consultant(s) to maintain pace in accordance with the Procurement and Project Schedules.
- Identifying and directing course corrections if/when contract design strays from preliminary design elements or bid-estimate quantities.
- Managing the Owner’s design review process for timely receipt of design review comments and for identifying and mitigating Owner preferences.
- Providing technical guidance for issue resolution between the Design Consultant(s), and the Owner.
BS in Civil Engineering
7 - 10 Years experience designing road and highway/interstate infrastructure.Skills:
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication.
- Organized / detail oriented / priority focused / flexible / open-minded.
- Self-starter / self-motivated / ability to motivate others in a team environment.
- Leadership by example with proficiency in developing cooperative relationships of trust and respect with clients, industry colleagues, superiors, peers, and co-workers.
- Ability to work well in a group setting with clients, colleagues, and co-workers.
- Student of the industry / continual self-educating / maintain PE license(s).
- Computer proficient in infrastructure design software, such as MicroStation or Geopak, and in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).