- March 8, 2019
- Posted by:
Heavy construction company in Lafayette has excellent opportunity for experienced Controller to manage day-to-day accounting and finance requirements, implement new processes and contribute continuous Improvement to existing processes, and prepare information for presentation to the executive leadership team
- Strong understanding of GAAP
- Understanding of Cost Accounting and project-based work.
- Must have strong accounting systems experience and advanced Excel skills.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills, well organized, self-starter and be able to work well on his/her own
- Accounting degree required, CPA preferred
- 10+ years of industrial (Construction, Manufacturing, Marine, Oil & Gas, etc.) accounting experience required with at least 4 years of previous Controller-level experience. Must have supervised an accounting department.
- Oversee preparation of financial statements and supporting schedules according to a monthly close schedule
- Analyze revenues and expenses to ensure these are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis
- Analyze financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances
- Review and analyze financial statements relative to budget and contractual agreements.
- Continuously evaluate the organization’s fiscal and risk functions and performance.
- Lead the annual renewal process of all insurance and service provider contracts.
- Develop and provide projections of revenue and cash flow to management team to meet operational needs.
- Leads in-depth analysis of key performance indicators.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of systems supporting financial reporting, payroll and banking systems.
- Assist outside CPA firm with tax return support
- Management of Federal and State tax notices
- Coordinate annual outside CPA audit
- Maintain professional relationships with vendors, subcontractors, financial institutions and other company personnel.
- Oversee hiring, mentoring, motivating, rewarding and disciplining team members.