- April 11, 2019
- Posted by:
Our Metairie client is seeking an accomplished controller to aid the accounting department and C suite in managing growth, implementing new accounting systems, and gaining efficiencies in controls, reporting, and operations. This is a great opportunity to partner with an organization looking to improve its operational accounting, manage a team of 4’s day-to-day duties, and gain knowledge from a VP that has excellent systems expertise.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Systems knowledge.
- Must be a confident decision maker. Management trusts leaders to make decisions.
- Tight knit local office- must be a team player that other employees will enjoy working with.
- BS in Accounting or Finance.
- 10-15 years of Progressive Accounting Experience.
- Job costing experience preferred.
- Oversee accounting/finance function including supervision of billing, AP, AR, and GL accounting.
- Heavily involved in system upgrades, implementations, and dealing with issues created by the conversion process.
- Participate in assessment and development of plans to improve operational performance.
- Supervise and support day-to-day coordination between accounting function and operational staff (warehouses, project managers, and upper management).
- Aiding the VP of Accounting with identifying KPIs and other ways to generate timely, useful metrics for management.
- Improve and speed up the close process by focusing on transaction automation, processes to cut down on errors requiring lengthier reconciliation periods, and streamlining financial reporting.
- Oversee/organize financial and quasi-financial functions to promote efficiency and effectiveness.
- Resolve wide variety of business issues related to general business operations at the direction of the executive team