- June 9, 2020
- Posted by: Melissa Soriano
Our Baton Rouge client is looking for a highly qualified Instrumentation / Electrical Engineer.
- Able to use IT-systems as SAP and databases.
- Responsible for NEC requirements, and detailed knowledge of safety requirements of electrical equipment, including installation in hazardous areas.
- Required to be medically certified for respirator use and medically fit for duty. Use of other personal protective equipment is required for certain jobs and in specified areas of the plant
- Bachelor of Science in related engineering field from a 4-year accredited college, or equivalent
- Two to five years of experience in a chemical plant is preferred, or equivalent technical experience with Instrument/Electrical design and Mechanical Integrity/Reliability and Process Safety Management experience is preferred
- Process Controls experience - DCS, SIS (Yokogawa Centrum VP Systems) preferred
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high-stress environment that demands attention to detail and ability to produce
- Ability to interact with teams and meet strict
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Takes responsibility for the instruments of HEC plant. As well as coordinating DCS / SIS programming and program changes per MOC rules in PSM regulated
- Work with maintenance, electrical & instrumentation technicians, as well as contractors, involving maintenance of instrumentation and control systems in relation to reliability and mechanical integrity work at SE
- Co-ordinates DCS / SIS programming and program changes follows MOC rules for changes. Organizes frequent checking of safety circuits, software and hardware for safety as well as Process Safety in PSM regulated
- Audits and validates maintenance PMs on electrical/instrumentation/DCS /SIS hardware as well as process equipment, tanks, pumps, coded
- Be able to prepare and change I&E drawings and documents and prepare lists for all work orders and audits.
- Including responsibility and knowledge of:
- High Voltage Components 34.5KV and lower
- MCC, Panel Boards & UPS systems
- Instrumentation, Analytic Systems
- Explosion suppressing systems, fire protection systems
- Lighting and Emergency lighting systems
- DCS/SIS Hardware, including Bus-systems and I/O- systems