- November 27, 2019
- Posted by: Melissa Soriano
Executes financial, compliance, and operational audits in accordance with accepted professional standards in order to determine compliance with organizational policies and procedures and adherence to applicable laws and regulations.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills with an attention to detail.
- Ability to perform work with little or no supervision.
- Possess an understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Generally Accepted Auditing Standards, (GAAS), accounting systems, sound internal control techniques, acceptable business practices, information systems, sound documentation methods, and standard audit techniques.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to interview individuals associated with the subject of an audit
- Knowledge of quantitative analysis methods (statistical sampling, present value analysis, ROI, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in business-related discipline such as finance or accounting.
- CPA, CIA, CISA, MBA or in the process of obtaining desired.
- Prefer one to two years of experience in Internal Audit or public accounting auditing. Will consider less experience if completed Internal Audit Pilot program or if have experience as I/A Intern.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point software.
- Conducts assurance reviews of assigned organizational and functional activities in accordance with the annual internal audit work plan.
- Obtains, analyzes, and appraises information as a basis for an informed, objective opinion on the adequacy of design and operating effectiveness of the system of controls, the efficiency of performance of the activities being reviewed, and the extent of compliance with established policies, procedures, plans, laws and regulations.
- Participates in planning of audit engagements and executes engagements in accordance with accepted standards (Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing).
- Provide input on audit scope, objective(s), and procedures to be utilized within a formal engagement work program.