- June 9, 2020
- Posted by: Melissa Soriano
Our Baton Rouge Client is looking for a highly skilled Lead Project Engineer.
- Manages Mechanical / Piping engineering and related Projects such that the safety, quality, cost and schedule targets are achieved.
- Implements projects in accordance with Company Project Standards, procedures and are in compliance with USA legislation.
- Manages the Mechanical / Piping Project work list to meet customer requirements.
- Ensures that all Mechanical / Piping Project functions are integrated effectively across all relevant work groups.
- Develops scopes of work for Mechanical / Piping Projects covering detailed design, preparation of purchase specifications and preparation of construction packages.
- Obtains producer statements, design verification and statutory approval where required.
- Undertakes studies and develops costs and options for Capital Plan development.
- Provides expertise and specialist Mechanical / Piping engineering knowledge.
- Provides support to the Maintenance Department on general engineering problems.
- Manages external Consulting Engineering Services.
- Manages the Design Approval process to ensure input is obtained from the appropriate disciplines and that changes are made to the design as required.
- Reviews detailed design, purchase specifications and construction packages for compliance with statutory requirements, appropriate standards and procedures.
- Ensures that appropriate hazard and risk reviews are conducted and that all issues identified are actioned.
- Ensures appropriate reliability reviews are undertaken on Project designs.
- Coordinates the development of procedures and provision of resources for the commissioning of relevant Projects together with Operations.
- Manages the tender and award contracts in conjunction with Purchasing for detailed design, preparation of purchase specifications and preparation of construction packages and construction.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering required; Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience in Mechanical Engineering and/or Project Management encompassing all aspects from conceptual development, design and through execution, construction and close out
- 10+ years’ experience in the petrochemical industry.
- 5+ years’ leadership experience
- High level of Mechanical / Piping engineering knowledge and experience Mechanical engineering and design in an operating petrochemical plant, pressure and rotating equipment and piping design environment
- Previous experience in: Plant reliability, Codes and Standards use, Procurement and expediting, Contract management, Cost estimating / management, Statutory requirements, Civil structural design / construction
- Manages the construction and commissioning phases of projects by ensuring good supervision, planning, co-ordination, KPI’s, safety planning and quality assurance.
- Ensures that all employees and contractors undertaking project work on the site are effectively supervised such that safety, quality, costs and schedule targets are achieved.
- Provides feedback at the end of each contract on contractor performance to the appropriate sponsor.
- Ensures that the systems to maintain and store Mechanical / Piping drawings by the Drawing Office are in compliance with Company procedures and standards.
- Ensures that the systems to develop and maintain the distribution of all Mechanical / Piping drawings by the Drawing Office are in compliance with the Company procedures and standards.
- Develops and maintains systems and procedures for the control, distribution and storage of all engineering documentation (other than drawings) associated with Company facilities including Vendor Manuals, Data Books etc.
- Develops and maintains systems, procedures for the control, review, distribution and storage of appropriate engineering standards/guidelines such that all Mechanical / Piping engineering work is done in accordance with Company Loss Prevention Standards and in compliance with USA legislation.
- Develops and maintains systems and procedures for the control, distribution and storage of Mechanical / Piping publications required by Company.