The Personnel Consulting Group
We are partnering with a local oil and gas organization that is on the search for its next Lead Software Architect. The Lead Software Architect directs all aspects of Software Architecture (SA) including the use, integration, design and life cycle of applications across the enterprise and creates high-level architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility and integration with existing systems/platforms. Responsibilities include both leadership and participation in the development of requirements and principles of the future state of SA, as well as ensuring that application design, implementation and documentation are in line with the guidelines of architectural standards. This position is responsible for ensuring standards of application development are followed; assumes the role of architect on multiple projects and guides teams in daily design and refactoring tasks; participates with technical team in evaluating emerging technologies and documenting existing architectures; and determines specifications, then plans, designs and provides direction to address complex critical application or system needs.
- Collaborate with software developers, business analysts, and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain business applications
- Provide a balanced view of all key architectural quality metrics such as performance, scalability, reliability, availability, agility, and interoperability
- Advise and mentor others on application or systems issues root cause analysis, resolution, and debugging as a subject matter expert
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code
- Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties
o 10+ years Java Development
o 7+ years with TFS
o 7+ years of experience with Java EE Application Servers, WebLogic, WildFly, Open Liberty.
o 7+ years of experience with Git, Maven, SonarQube.
o 5+ years MS SQL Server
o 5+ years of experience with API Management Software
o 5+ years of experience with Scrum framework
o 3+ years with Azure DevOps Build and Release Pipelines.Skills:
- Senior level DevOps skills including build management using the Maven Project Object Model.
- Experience establishing and maintaining source control repositories and branching methodologies.
- Release management and configuration.
- Application Server middleware configuration, tuning and troubleshooting.
- Experience with Agile project delivery
- Design, document, communicate and implement data flow and ERD changes required for solution
- Work with both programming group and back-office group to deliver solutions
- Program solutions based on delivered or derived specifications
- Analyze systems or programming problems and develop satisfactory solutions
- Determine the symptoms/causes of process problems involved in information processing systems and resolves using appropriate tools.
- Ability to logically analyze systems and/or programming problems and develop satisfactory solutions in a timely manner.
- Prepare documentation, data flow and/or ERD diagrams required to communicate solution prior to coding.