- June 1, 2021
- Posted by: Melissa Soriano
Our Project Management/Consulting client seeks a professional, responsible Office Manager/Bookkeeper to coordinate our administrative and financial procedures for the company. This position will support fiscal operations and he/she will work to provide exceptional support service to the organization and employees
This is an ideal position for an engaging professional who enjoys fostering teamwork, having a strong attention to detail, providing back-up support to our Leadership Team
Additionally, the preferred candidate will be accustomed to providing structure, boundaries, and thoughtful processes. The individual will possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position with benefits.
- Good knowledge of modem office practices and procedures, including technology
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work collegially with employees, community and vendors
- Ability to perform a wide variety of multi-step procedures
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing
- Ability to set and manage multiple priorities as well as schedule own time and that of others
- Ability to handle confidential/ sensitive information with discretion, tact and diplomacy
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Highly prefer a Bachelor's Degree in Business
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in accounts payable/ receivable experience
- Prior experience with accounting software packages
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications with intermediate knowledge of Excel.
- Accounts payable, including obtaining invoice approval, assigning appropriate expense accounts, entry into the accounting system, producing checks, obtaining check approval signatures, distributing checks and organizing paid invoices
- Assure the accurate handling of money, including gathering, counting, depositing, distributing and maintaining cash
- Balance bi-weekly payroll summary and deductions to the payroll check register and enters into the accounting system
- Provide details to outside CPA for monthly reconciliation of bank accounts
- Maintains accounting system vendor files and manages contracts
- Payroll processing - using outside payroll software service, conduct bi-weekly process to finalize payments and time-off requests for employees
- Tracks all expenditures for and income received from Grants or other gifts
- Manages monthly ordering of office supplies.