- May 3, 2019
- Posted by:
Individual is responsible for providing production/process engineering support for a chemical manufacturing plant. The incumbent will establish targets and drive to completion actions to reduce usage and energy consumption, improve yields, minimize waste and increase occupancy from a process engineering view while maintaining or improving safety and environmental compliance. The individual will also be responsible for working with the current compliance coordinator to ensure the unit is remaining compliant with all environmental and Process Safety Management (PSM) requirements.
- A strong desire to teach; possess high energy leadership; and recognized as a skilled team player while achieving results.
- Clear track record of successful implementation of process improvement projects.
- Must be a critical thinker and problem solver with the ability to innovate with exceptional focus on improving costs.
- Knowledge of process modeling & simulation software such as ASPEN or HYSYS.
- Knowledge of environmental regulations, safety standards, computer software and services, and current chemical engineering technology.
- 1-3 years of related experience in a chemical, petrochemical or petroleum production/refining facility.
- Minimum Required: BS in Chemical Engineering or related degree
- Daily observation of plant processes to ensure proper operation and product quality; provide production/process engineering support for daily troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- Quality assurance of engineering calculations, including process simulation input and output data, and process safety
- Running plant experiments, reporting on them, and implementing change based on experimental results
- Establishing operating variable control ranges for minimum cost operation and communicating operations on use and impact.
- Design and implement small projects in order to improve upon the cost position of the plant.
- Providing process engineering expertise in RCA, PHA and PSM.
- Coach staff and production workers to successfully implement changes.
- Primarily responsible for the variable portion of cost management.
- Formulates PFD’s and Material/Energy Balances.
- Complete required reporting for environmental reports.
- Ensure all action items from the department are tracked and completed in a timely manner.
- Complete monthly reports for monthly energy and chemical usages for the site.