- April 16, 2021
- Posted by: Melissa Soriano
Our Client is looking to fill their Product Manager position for their Houston Plant.
- Experience purchasing raw materials and strong negotiating skills required.
- Analyze the business performance and markets and support good commercial decisions.
- Proficiency with Internet, Email, and Microsoft Programs
- SAP experience is preferred
- BS: Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or Business
- 5 to 10 years chemical or related process industry experience in increasing responsibility assignments in manufacturing, procurement, commercial with a minimum of 3 years in commercial or purchasing role.
- Develop and implement integrated business and commercial processes for efficiency and value across all product segments.
- Identify key business metrics and measurement systems to drive continuous improvement.
- Manage sales and day-to-day activities with select accounts.
- Coordinate with the Account Managers in support of price, volume, and commercial strategy.
- Develop understanding of North American propylene glycol market S/D, price drivers, and competitive dynamics (incl MPG, DPG, and TPG) to assess and optimize market participation strategy and business profitability.
- Support pricing decisions and contract negotiations.
- Coordinate with supply chain and operations in managing inventories and driving sales.
- Optimize logistics, working capital, and demurrage costs associated with various transport modes (marine, rail, trucks, etc). Assist Supply Chain Manager in coordinating stock transfers, consignment/terminal inventories, off-spec product, and questions from Customer Service and Sales.
- Support Financial Close, Budgeting, and CAPEX activities for PO, PG, and MTBE.