- January 7, 2022
- Posted by: Melissa Soriano
The Salesforce Platform Director & Architect will be responsible for management of Salesforce platforms, overseeing architectural design, and providing architectural guidance for solution delivery projects. This includes directing, evaluating and monitoring the progress of product development and facilitating discussions with various departments around business objectives, functionality, architecture, and product deployment. You will also own the training and development of SF end users to improve adoption allowing the business to fully leverage the Salesforce product suites (Salesforce, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, etc.).
Success will be measured by a number of factors including: a well built stable Salesforce environment, a well trained and equipped end user base, and well thought out governance processes that ensure the scalability and viability of the platform. One output of this will be a data strategy and environment that provides a full customer lifecycle view with key actionable insights into our business practices. Additionally, executive leadership will have a clear and cogent understanding of the progress being made and KPIs achieved.
To succeed in this position you will have to be the rare technical professional that is as good with people and communications and project management as you are with technology. You will be able to manage stakeholders through influence to find common solutions and resolutions to both technical and business problems. You will be a dynamic and detail oriented project manager who does not lose the strategy in the details. You will have a capacity to quickly learn and internalize our business to apply it to the technical needs of the various business units and guide business leaders as a strategic technical solutions partner.
- 10+ years of experience in technical project execution/leadership within the Salesforce ecosystem required
- Salesforce certifications required:
- Advanced Admin
- Experience in service and marketing cloud also required
- Dev certification strongly preferred
- 5+ years holding a management and leadership role
- Proven track record in maintaining integrity, accountability, transparency and quality in governance, performance and reporting activities
- Demonstrating proficiency in IT areas of analytical thinking and innovation and a successful track record in strategy development and execution.
- Experience in building training programs for end users and tracking uptake and retention through SF trailheads
Platform Management Responsibilities
- Provide technical and architectural leadership for SalesForce applications (Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Einstein Analytics, Force.com) and service delivery including platforms, middleware, 3rd party services, and databases
- Develop Salesforce Org strategy to manage existing orgs across departments
- Define and manage production end-to-end services, functional capabilities and business outcomes delivered on the Salesforce platform
- Define metrics and regular reports and dashboard measuring service performance
- Enforces security controls, maintains the system roles and authorization processes
- Partner with IT team in implementing process changes to ensure compliance with privacy policies, security audits and certifications
- Research changes in upcoming versions of Salesforce in order to provide recommendations that enhance productivity
- Identify and recommend third-party products/applications and determine when it is appropriate to enhance our Salesforce experience
- Define technical evaluation criteria for product and technology selection and determining technical approaches to ensure all architectural solutions result in a coherent systems design
- Integrate the business strategy and knowledge of software capabilities (current and future) into the direction for all products
- Support documentation of application architecture deliverables that are consistent with architecture principles, standards, methodologies, and best practices.
- Lead technical design sessions with the development teams, including the creation of class models, sequence diagrams, component models, etc., and detailed design specifications for ensuring that architecture standards are followed.
- Oversee research and development, prototyping, and vendor evaluations
- Improve the Salesforce platform using industry best practices
- Guide technology/solution decisions with architecture and product teams for projects
- Collaborate with architecture and development teams to perform code reviews to ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architecture/design
People Management Responsibilities
- Manage the (contracted) administrator and 3rd party resource workers
- Manage and report staffing, resource allocation, goal setting and measurements of the SF team
- Effectively cultivate a culture of teamwork and innovation among the team
- Manage project/resource estimation activities
Knowledge Sharing/Documentation Responsibilities
- Active involvement in GTS cross-functional initiatives
- Lead efforts to continually improve process for Member Firms
- Support Member Firms and Global Communities in product usage and business process education
Own the reporting of progress on prioritized initiatives as well as the outcomes