- November 16, 2020
- Posted by: Melissa Soriano
Our first-class Baton Rouge manufacturing client is seeking a Senior Operations Analyst as they continue to build out an industry-leading team right here in South Louisiana. This professional will report directly to the CFO while working daily in the details with the plant manager, COO, and other organization leaders. This organization offers the rare blend of strong financially backed/ fast growth while also offering very reasonable hours demands and a very warm, family culture.
- Must be experienced operationally working “hands on” with plant managers, operations leaders, and have an engineering mindset.
- Must be self-motivated and think in terms of building efficiencies.
- Must be able to communicate the benefits of retooling processes in order to meet organization objectives.
- Must have strong reasoning, analytical and problem-solving skills. Familiarity and experience with Lean (value-stream mapping), Six Sigma, Theory of Constraints a plus.
- Must have a strong attention to detail. Must bring an entrepreneurial mindset and be a team player.
- Must have strong MS Excel skills. Experience with SAP B1 software a plus.
- Develop and update all of the Operational KPIs on a daily/weekly/monthly basis
- Perform time studies for products so labor standards can be used in production & for performance measurement.
- Assist in the development and oversight of the annual Operations budget
- Determine cost of Operations by establishing standard costs by collecting operational data (OH, line time, labor and material costs)
- Improve financial performance by analyzing results, monitoring variances and recommending actions
- Provide payback/ROI analysis for CAPex investments-
- Calculate and update all inventory levels for both existing and new products.
- Perform various capacity and utilization analyses throughout all areas of production and help maintain a proper lead capacity strategy
- Performs all work related to support the standard cost rollup for inventory valuation purposes.
- Analyze throughput of the different production lines, isolate issues where the actual differs from the standard and organize a deep dive into the reasons why.