- January 4, 2019
- Posted by:
Our large south Baton Rouge client is seeking a Staff Accountant to add to their team. This role has been created due to promotion of the incumbent. This role will offer an entry level accountant the opportunity to interface with upper manager directly, gain experience researching actual, budget, and forecast variances across a variety of service lines, and to gain the skills of properly documenting, communicating, and helping management understand budget to actual performance.
- Candidate must be able to prioritize requests and responsibilities focusing on highest demand duties as directed by organization leadership.
- Candidate must have a willingness to learn a veriety of software programs as trained by the organization.
- Candidate must have moderate proficiency in excel and be comfortable formatting/updating reports and templates.
- Candidate must be comfortable interfacing via email and calls with high level executives in different segments of the organization in a polite, personable, professional manner.
- This is an entry level role, but an accounting or finance degree is required.
- Relevant internship or work experience is preferred.
- At the direction of supervisor, this professional must respond to requests for research and input on budget to actual results of the organization. This includes proactively identifying and researching variances anticipating management’s questions as times.
- This role will include formatting, updating, and preparing reports including financial packages, board reports, and a variety of other deliverables as directed.
- This role will also involve assisting with month-end close, assisting with board member logistical interaction, and other tasks as directed by supervisors and organizational leadership.