- August 30, 2019
- Posted by: Melissa Soriano
This role offers a rare opportunity in the Baton Rouge market to blend GAAP accounting skills including maintaining a working knowledge of industry-specific accounting and compliance with the ability to work in large data sets to analyze results and project revenue & results based on flux created by acquisitions and changes based on revenue recognition and compliance implications. This role will report to upper management at the Director level and offers a path to promotion in a dynamic organization. This role will supervise one staff member.
- The successful professional will have the requisite experience (4-8 years) and have a strong blend of analytical and GAAP skills.
- Must be dynamic, proactive, and think strategically.
- Must be comfortable balancing a variety of responsibilities, requests, and priorities driven by deadlines and the authority level of those requesting them.
- Must be highly organized.
- Must have strong month end close experience.
- Must have sufficient data analysis and data manipulation experience.
- Must have very strong Excel skills, including heavy experience working in power pivot and VLOOKUPS
- Hands on involvement in the month end close and quarter end close process, which includes recording entries, closing billing systems, recording revenue adjustments, preparing financials, updating MD&A reports, and formatting results from different perspectives for management.
- Projecting results in conjunction with the IT function, including testing data, aiding in budgeting, and updating projections based on changes of underlying data.
- Work in conjunction with the Director on ad hoc projects to make sure the organization is well informed of changes in regulations, accounting, and anticipated results as necessary.