The Personnel Consulting Group
PCG’s client has a full-time opportunity for an experienced Project Manager/Business Analyst (PM/BA). We are looking for people with aptitude, intelligence, and desire as this role is the primary point of contact with the client. This role will require effective communication and the ability to focus on high quality work under pressure in leading technical and non-technical audiences. The successful candidate will work directly with clients and internal staff to estimate, plan, and manage projects to successful completion.
Our solution offerings include custom design, integrated solutions that leverage third-party software and COTS products, and highly configurable, low code case management solutions that that incorporate leading-edge technologies. These include cloud-based mobility, data analytics and visualizations, artificial intelligence, and machine learning.
As a Project Manager/Business Analyst, you will work in a collaborative environment within the project teams where you will track, manage, and report upon scope, schedule, and budget for client projects. This PM/BA role will require frequent and clear communication to establish productive and balanced relationships with customer stakeholders and sponsors.
You will participate in project planning and assessment engagements where you will work closely with the client’s customers to present and document options, recommendations, and roadmaps to support their long-term planning and strategy.
You will also work in a collaborative environment where you will play a key role in obtaining requirements from clients, lead and take part in JAD sessions and work with internal and external stakeholders.Job Responsibilities:
- Create, update, and manage project schedule using Microsoft Project or other client-approved software.
- Control and manage project scope, budget, activities, and expectations to ensure profitability of projects.
- Regularly track, report, and analyze project status, including scheduling and conducting regular status meetings, and creating client-facing status reports.
- Create and manage Risk, Change and Issues registers for the project.
- Plan, schedule and manage project activities with clients.
- Regularly manage, interact, and collaborate with project team members.
- Plan and lead Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions
- Ability to lead design sessions and workshops with clients to capture functional requirements.
- Facilitate discussions and resolution of project-related issues and blockers if they arise.
- Create monthly reports and forecasts to executive management of project status, schedule, milestones, and budget.
- Facilitate, schedule, and plan Executive Steering Committee meetings for projects – including creation of presentations and other material to effectively communicate project progress.
- 7 years of project management and/or business analysis experience with increasing scope of responsibility
- Experience in crafting project proposals, developing work estimates and project schedules
- Experience in project planning and control of multi-year and multi-phase projects
- Experience with the identification and mitigation of project risk
- Proficiency with project management tools and software (e.g., Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Strong interpersonal and management skills with an excellent attention to detail
- Experience managing projects involving data analytics, artificial intelligence, machine learning and IoT is a plus, but not required
- PMP certification is a plus, but not required
- A strong ethical foundation, capable of thriving in an environment and culture where honesty, integrity, and accountability are core values
- A collaborative spirit, a team orientation, and a willingness and desire to contribute to the success of others
- Experienced with agile/scrum concepts, scrum events, artifacts, and values
Strong leadership abilities
- Expertise in the practical application of MS SharePoint to store project, system and development related artifacts, track issues, storage, and presentation of training artifacts