The Personnel Consulting Group
Individual is responsible for providing production engineering support for our Melamine and Urea plants. The incumbent will establish targets and drive to completion actions to improve production capabilities including reliability and raw material and energy usage efficiencies.Job Responsibilities:
- Daily observation of plant processes to ensure proper operation and product quality; provide production/process engineering support for daily troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- Monitor plant operations, energy consumption, and material usage, provide process guidance to operators on production activities.
- Collaborate with Operations, Engineering, Maintenance, and Supervision to identify process adjustments that maximize process efficiencies, improve yields, and/or reduce energy consumption.
- Ensure operation is running within established variable control ranges for minimum cost operation and provide information and coaching on deviations from established ranges.
- Execute plant experiments as designed by Process Engineering and implement any required process changes.
- Providing production engineering expertise in RCA, PHA and PSM.
- Coach staff and production workers to successfully implement changes and continuous improvement initiatives, including relevant business processes improvements.
- Assist in the resolution of process upsets and troubleshooting of equipment failures.
- 3+ years of related experience in a chemical, petrochemical or petroleum production/refining facility.
- Experience in process/production engineering. Experience with melamine and urea operations is preferred.
- Knowledge of environmental regulations, safety standards, computer software and services, and current chemical engineering technology.
- Minimum Required: BS in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related degree
- A strong desire to teach; possess high energy leadership; and recognized as a skilled team player while achieving results.
- Clear track record of successful implementation of process improvement projects.
- Must be a critical thinker and problem solver with the ability to innovate with exceptional focus on improving costs.