Jim SchneiderManager, Accounting & Finance Recruitment
- Executive accounting & finance recruiting
- CPA & accounting practitioner career advisement
- General accounting staffing consulting with hiring authorities
- Industry-specific/niche accounting talent recruiting
- Internal audit recruiting
- Presentations on recruiting, retaining, and developing accounting talent
- Certified Public Accountant- licensed to practice in Louisiana
- Certified Internal Auditor- internationally licensed by the Institute of Internal Auditors
- M.S.- Accounting (Louisiana State University)
- B.S.- Accounting, Concentration in Internal Auditing, Minor in History (Louisiana State University)
Jim’s career at the Personnel Consulting Group is built on 11 years of combined experience consisting of accounting and recruiting. His favorite part of recruiting is building deep relationships with clients and accounting practitioners to help them move forward.
Jim is a board member of the New Orleans Chapter of the La Society of CPAs and also serves on the board of the New Orleans Chapter of the Institute of Internal Auditors. He has spoken at continuing education classes sponsored by the following:
– Louisiana Society of CPAs
– Construction Finance Management Association Chapters of New Orleans and of Baton Rouge
– Institute of Internal Auditors, New Orleans Chapter
– Hospitality Technology & Financial Professionals
– Jefferson Parish Chamber of Commerce
– Local university Beta Alpha Psi accounting honor societies and accounting classes.
While previously working as an audit staff & senior (Big 4 and regional firms), Jim served publicly traded and privately held entities in addition to passing the CPA and CIA exams. Jim also spent 5 years working in industry accounting as a senior accountant through controller before making the transition to recruiting.
Outside of work, Jim serves as a deacon at Metairie Baptist Church in Old Metairie and as church treasurer. Jim, a 3rd generation Lakeview New Orleans neighborhood resident, is also an avid LSU football fan having visited every SEC stadium. He has run several marathons and also enjoys history as a member of various patriotic, conservator, and preservation organizations serving positions of treasurer, secretary, and at-large board member.
Jim Schneider was quick to listen, and quick to respond. The resumes sent were worthy of review and appropriate for our position. Great feedback from him, helping us clarify what we want and how to get it.
My cousin is a recruiter in the Washington DC metro area and did some internet searches/research when he heard I was looking for a job in New Orleans. He suggested I reach out to PCG based on your professional website and great reviews. From the moment I reached out to Dan on LinkedIn, he was extremely helpful and accessible throughout the process. I have just started with my new job this week and am very happy with the placement. I will definitely recommend your group to others in the future.
I was very impressed with Dan Prados persistence in finding the right position for my qualifications and salary requirements along with benefits.
Laura was absolutely amazing from my initial application through the entire hiring process. She always answered the phone/email within minutes and explained any concerns I had. I have already recommended Laura and PCG to a few people. Thank you all so much for having such compassionate staff.
Jim Schneider made the process as easy as possible. I was well informed throughout the interview process. Jim helped me navigate multiple offers with unbiased advice that was based solely on what was best for me. I couldn’t recommend Jim and the others at Personnel Consulting Group enough. They are second to none.