Jim SchneiderManager, Accounting & Finance Recruitment
- Executive accounting & finance recruiting
- CPA & accounting practitioner career advisement
- General accounting staffing consulting with hiring authorities
- Industry-specific/niche accounting talent recruiting
- Internal audit recruiting
- Presentations on recruiting, retaining, and developing accounting talent
- Certified Public Accountant- licensed to practice in Louisiana
- Certified Internal Auditor- internationally licensed by the Institute of Internal Auditors
- M.S.- Accounting (Louisiana State University)
- B.S.- Accounting, Concentration in Internal Auditing, Minor in History (Louisiana State University)
Jim’s career at the Personnel Consulting Group is built on 11 years of combined experience consisting of accounting and recruiting. His favorite part of recruiting is building deep relationships with clients and accounting practitioners to help them move forward.
Jim is a board member of the New Orleans Chapter of the La Society of CPAs and also serves on the board of the New Orleans Chapter of the Institute of Internal Auditors. He has spoken at continuing education classes sponsored by the following:
– Louisiana Society of CPAs
– Construction Finance Management Association Chapters of New Orleans and of Baton Rouge
– Institute of Internal Auditors, New Orleans Chapter
– Hospitality Technology & Financial Professionals
– Jefferson Parish Chamber of Commerce
– Local university Beta Alpha Psi accounting honor societies and accounting classes.
While previously working as an audit staff & senior (Big 4 and regional firms), Jim served publicly traded and privately held entities in addition to passing the CPA and CIA exams. Jim also spent 5 years working in industry accounting as a senior accountant through controller before making the transition to recruiting.
Outside of work, Jim serves as a deacon at Metairie Baptist Church in Old Metairie and as church treasurer. Jim, a 3rd generation Lakeview New Orleans neighborhood resident, is also an avid LSU football fan having visited every SEC stadium. He has run several marathons and also enjoys history as a member of various patriotic, conservator, and preservation organizations serving positions of treasurer, secretary, and at-large board member.
I am very pleased with your services. I received excellent care from Dan and Laura. Thank you for helping me find a job.
Whenever I used PCG I always felt like no matter what or how long, PCG will come through and you have, always going beyond expectations. So PCG, keep doing what you do because YOU ROCK !
PCG is the best employment placement company that I have ever worked for. You have always had my best interest at heart. I wasn’t just a file in your cabinet. If I called you knew who I was, or if I didn’t you would call me.
Hats off to my long-time business associate, Judy Harrison. Judy is always willing to give her professional advice when needed. Thanks again to Laura, Joyce, and Judy.
Very satisfied with service. I have requested three temp-to-perm candidates in the last three months, and all three were right on target to satisfy our company needs.